Working with Bluefin Insurance, we are pleased to offer referees the following insurance plan for the 2017-18 season.
Annual premium of £5.00 including Insurance Premium Tax (9.5%) per person
The scheme operates from a set period each year - 1 May 2017 to 30 April 2018 inclusive. The premium and expiry date remain the same regardless of when someone joins the scheme.
Highlights of the Insurance include:
Insurance offered to Registered referees, Registered assessors, Registered coaches, Society members
Age Limit Extension: Reduced benefits included as standard for members between 75 and 80 years of age
New Benefit: Primary Dislocation: £100 following the dislocation of Kneecap, Shoulder, Elbow or Hip
Physio Enhancement: to include Chiropractic treatment
Exclusions to the policy include:
- Being a professional referee or coach.
- Suicide or deliberate self harm
- Claims as a direct result of an insured person being a member of the armed forces.
- Any claim attributable either to arthritic or other degenerative conditions in joints bones, muscles, tendons or ligaments.
- Repetitive stress (strain) injury or syndrome.
- Influence of alcohol, solvents, drugs or medication unless prescribed.
- Sickness or disease.
- Naturally occurring condition or gradually operating cause.
- Engaging in a criminal act, riot or civil commotion.
- Temporary total disablement if the insured person has no paid usual occupation or if the insured persons usual occupation is as a referee or assessor.
Please see the policy summary for full details:
If any referee has any questions regarding the Referee insurance, do not hesitate to contact David Seaman - Hunts FA Referee Development Officer via David.Seaman@huntsfa.com
Click here to download the 2017-2018 Referee Insurance Summary