Have your Club or League Debt Recovered
Hunts FA can Help
Huntingdonshire FA operates a system to collect football debts on behalf of Affiliated Clubs, Affiliated Leagues and other Associations.
Under FA Regulations, football debts are defined as those costs where actual monies have been expended arising directly from football activity and as such would include:
- Match Costs (e.g. match fees)
- Fines arising from discipline cases (cautions, dismissals, misconduct charges)
- Playing expenses (e.g pitch hire)
- League costs
The following are not considered to be football debts:
- Club subscriptions
- Signing on fees
- Internal club fines (except for those imposed as a result of discipline cases)
- Fund Raising Schemes
- End of season trip costs
The full memorandum of Football Debt Recovery can be found below this text.
There are strict timelines and criteria under which football debts can be chased, Huntingdonshire FA are unable to deal with any debts that do not conform with the regulations. We therefore recommend that all Club's familiarise themselves with the procedures, the key points of which are highlighted below:
It is incumbent of the creditor (i.e. the Club) to take reasonable steps to recover the debt before asking Huntingdonshire FA to take actions. Reasonable steps should include:
- Writing to the player to inform them of the monies owed
- Not playing the player as soon as it becomes obvious that there is an issue with recovering monies
Football Debt Recovery is limited to £50 minimum total claim, for Match Costs, League Costs and Playing Expenses. However for recovery of discipline monies, there is no minimum.
Huntingdonshire FA should be approached once it is clear that there is a problem. In all cases this should be within 28 days of formal payment being requested and 112 days of the debt being incurred.
Commencing a Claim
When commencing a claim for Football Debt Recovery. The following steps must be adhered to. The creditor must supply the following information:
- A completed Football Debt Recovery Application form (As located, below).
- Full Name, Date of Birth and last known address of the individual responsible for the debt
- Evidence of the debt (e.g. discipline case references)
- Evidence of the efforts made by the Club to recover the debt from the individual (e.g. copies of letters sent to the player)
Without this information, an application will not be considered
Download the debt recovery regulations & application forms below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you found FDR interesting, please see below