Continued learning opportunities.
Learning and development is an active, continuous process. It's a journey that never ends. And one that is shaped by experiences and learning opportunities gathered anywhere, anytime.
To support your journey, The FA provides a range of learning opportunities for you to engage with. From events in your region to online resources to in situ mentoring, you can access the development support that will make the biggest impact to you and your role.
The FA Licensed to Coaches' Club
The FA Licensed Coaches' Club is leading the way in supporting and developing coaches, providing professional recognition at level.
To sign up to become a member you will need the following:
- FA Level 1 in Coaching Football or above
- Criminal Record Checks (CRC) for those working with children
- FA Safeguarding Certificate - In date with in 3 years
- FA Emergency Aid certificate - In date with in 3 years
Membership is free for the 2017-18 season
- Official FA Coaching Licence ID card
- 20% Off FA Learning National Courses
- Free ballot to win two tickets for England home matches
- Access to new online CPD courses and FREE local accredited CPD training events
- Access to The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club, members only, website
- Discounts off Wembley Stadium Tours and accommodation at the Hilton St George’s Park
- Access to official FA Licensed Coach clothing range on The FA Coach Store
- Competitive group rates for Personal Accident and Civil Liability Insurance
How can coaches join The FA Licensed Coaches Club?
How do I sign into The FA Licensed Coaches Club?
How do I maintain my FA Coaching License?
Continuous Development Programme (CPD) hours for FA Level 1 & 2 coaching qualification holders will no longer be a requirement to become an FA Licensed Coaches' Club member. You will however still need to maintain an in date CRC, FA Safeguarding certificate and FA Emergency Aid certificate.
If you're a Level 3 upwards UEFA qualified coach, however, you are required to complete 15 hours of CPD every three years to maintain your licence, which The FA recommends is best achieved by completing 5 hours per season.
CPD free County FA events
- These events will be titled 'FALCC CPD....'
CPD free online courses
Click Here to view a list of events
Alternatively, if you are looking to access some great coaching insight, guidance, tips and features, why not check out
The Boot Room
The FA’s official coaching magazine. This popular resource is published monthly and features articles by coaches from The FA, grassroots football and professional club academies. While it may not contribute directly to your CPD hours, it certainly makes for an interesting, educational and enjoyable read.
Another great resource is The FA Coaching Community powered by Hive - our new coaching social media and community platform. Free to join, it brings thousands of coaches from across the game and the country together to enjoy great coaching content and engage in discussion. Registering takes a matter of minutes and once you’re in you’ll have access to even more coaching insight articles, interviews and top tips.
To sign up
Absolutely. The FA runs events all over the country and for all levels. To explore events please visit our national CPD events page here.
If you're an FA Level 1 or 2 learner, continuous professional development hours are optional and so there is no longer a requirement for licensing .
If you're a UEFA qualified coach, however, you are required to complete 15 hours of CPD every three years to maintain your licence, which The FA recommends is best achieved by completing 5 hours per season