Pitch Improvement Programme
Improving Grass Pitches across Huntingdonshire and Peterborough
HUNTINGDONSHIRE FA ARE WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE FA FACILITIES & INVESTMENT TEAM AND THE GROUNDS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (GMA) TO DEVELOP A GRASS PITCH MAINTENANCE SERVICE.
This can be utilised by grassroots football clubs, Parish Councils, Local Authorities and Schools, with the simple aim of improving the quality of grass pitches.
The need for the Pitch Improvement Programme (PIP) is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grassroots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide groundstaff with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
Membership to PIP for one year is £100
This fee includes:
- Two Site Visits
- Two Pitch Reports
- Access to offers from the Huntingdonshire PIP partners which include, Fleet Line Markers, British Sugar Topsoil, Scamblers - ground care machinery, Halliday Lighting - Flood lighting and Replay Maintenance - Synthetic sports surface maintenance. Find out more about our partners below.
The Process Of The Pitch Improvement Programme Is As Follows:
- Submit a Visit Request Form (below under Related Documents titled 'Visit request form v4') to: Andy.Coles@HuntsFA.com
- Once membership has been confirmed the Pitch Advisor to arrange a site visit
- A report is produced by the Pitch Advisor, sent to the Hunts FA who then sends a copy to the identified contact
- The Club/Organisation follows recommendations detailed within the report
- Feedback sought from club/organisation following an agreed timescale, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
- Should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the Huntingdonshire FA and The FA
- You will receive a second visit from the Regional Pitch Advisor a year after the first visit to monitor progress made
- The reports can be used as evidence for Football Foundation funding applications E.g.:
- Grounds machinery needing upgrading or new
- Replacement Goal posts
- Enhanced Pitch works
- Hunts FA will invoice you from Xero accounting.
In partnership with Sport England and other governing bodies, The FA has also developed a dedicated website that provides valuable support for volunteers, coaches, club officials and the 'hands-on' grounds Teams.
Topsoil products for landscaping, restoration, or civil engineering projects or for sports ground construction. - British Sugar Topsoil