The referee and his assistants are not on their own. The Referees' Association is an organisation, both locally and nationally, that exists to support officials when needed.
As a registered referee, you are automatically an Associate Member of The Referees' Association (RA).
This entitles you to:
- Invitations to RA-FA Training Events
- Information about dates and content of local RA Society meetings
You can now become a Full Member of the RA, which for the cost of approximately one match fee a year will enable you to enjoy the full range of additional benefits including:-
- Personal Accident Insurance.
- Membership of a local Referees' Society which will have regular meetings, guest speakers and advice available from officials at all levels.
- Free attendance at the annual RA Conference, attended by many of the country's top referees who make presentations and lead workshops
- Top quality refereeing equipment and supplies at competitive prices
- RA-FA Incentive Scheme membership - where referee related items can be obtained in exchange for points gained from refereeing activities
- The RA's bi-monthly electronic 'News Digest'
- Service awards
- Annual RA quiz at local, regional and national level
- Representation at The FA and County FA
- Support and advice if assaulted or involved in disciplinary proceedings Benevolent Fund
- In addition, for a further £5 per annum, you can be included in a scheme which enables you to obtain physiotherapy cover for injuries sustained when refereeing or training. You can claim for up to 4 separate, musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) during the annual subscription period.